amatos Installation Instructions¶
it should be relatively straight forward - however a little off-standard - to install the amatos library and run the AMATOS test executable. Here are the essential steps:
- Change into the directory
[architecture]stands for anythink like linux_g64, macosx_intel, etc.
- Find a Makefile in this directory. You have to change/configure it manually. In particular, you need to specify paths for access to required libraries: NetCDF, LAPACK, BLAS.
- (Note: If you use the accelerate framework on a Mac, only the LAPACK (not the BLAS) environment variable needs to be specified)
- After correctly specifying these individual settings (some compiler options might also need some modifications), you should be able to submit the simple command "make".
- If successfull, an executable called AMATOS should have been generated in the same directory.
- Make sure your environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH (DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH on Mac OS X) is set correctly such that shared objects (and libamatos.so or libamatos.dylib or... is such a shared object) can be linked correctly.
- Issue the command "make datacopy" in order to copy required data files for running the test program.
- Issue the command "./AMATOS -b -f Parameters.dat" in order to test the program.
Good success. In case of problems, you may ask the developers, but there is no guarantee for a quick response...